Sunday 16 September 2018

Plymouth and the National Marine Aquarium

Last weekend I visited Plymouth. It is a beautiful friendly city. There is a clear difference between architecture of the harbours and the city centre. The city centre was rebuilt in the 1920s after The Great War destroyed large sections of the city. The National Marine Aquarium is located near Sutton Harbour, this is where I started my day with a fantastic and informative trip. The Aquarium has a bountiful supply of information regarding the state of marine life off of the British Coastline.
Sutton Harbour was bustling and full of life. It includes local shops, commemorative plaque to the 'Mayflower' which set off in 1620 carrying Pilgrims to the New World and a museum.

Sutton Harbour museum

National Marine Aquarium

Here are some pictures from my day:

I found Nemo
I still don't know what the name of this boat is.

View of Sutton Harbour

My favourite - Starfish

I didn't realise anemones come in so many colours

I found Dory too!

No comments:

Post a Comment