Sunday 15 July 2018

Hughenden - National Trust and Woburn Safari Park

Hi there,

My best friend came to visit me early on in June for the weekend to see some of the sights around Buckinghamshire. She has never down this way before so I had the chance to take her to my favourite places and some new ones.  I am so happy that she came to visit me as I dearly and I have been wanting to show her where I live for some time now.

On Saturday I took us both to Woburn Safari Park.

http://www.woburnsafari.co.uk/

We paid for the all inclusive tickets at £34.99. Quite expensive but turned out to be well worth it.  The ticket included your admission, a meal, a drink, a free bottle water, a copy of the guidebook and entry to the sea lion experience. It was a fantastic day out, we managed to catch a lot of the talks from the zoo keepers around the site throughout the day. All the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable and keen to answer visitor questions. I loved the Bird show which featured a Blue and Gold Macaw and Cockatiels. It made me really want to take care of birds in the future as part of my garden.

Sea lion cove.
On Sunday morning we went along to National Trust property - Hughenden.  An easy place to find as the Sat Nav takes you all the way there. As I am still fairly new to driving and I have an automatic car, we struggled slightly to get up the steep hill to the house. The drive is a crumbling surface up a narrow steep hill. It could definitely be improved but it isn't too long.

Hughenden House
 https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hughenden

As a National Trust member I had free entry for myself and one other person so we decided to go along. My favourite area of the Gardens was the walled Garden. I great example of gardening which is clearly well-loved and taken care of. In the immediate grounds around the house there is a small herbaceous border with a purple and silver scheme and a small parterre. Both accentuate the house and it's history. There is a walk around the house which takes approximately 40 minutes. You can stay on the easy paths or follow the walk further down into the estate which takes approximately another 20 minutes.
Bugingham Palace in the Walled Garden

Willow walk in the Walled Garden.

View of the house and the herbaceous border.

View of the Parterre from the back of the house.
I am so grateful that my friend had the time to come and see me and I hope that I will see her again when I travel back up to Scotland in August. She is moving to Hong Kong soon to study and I wish her all the best and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment